Health & safety in the workplace
All businesses, big and small, must have effective health and safety programs. However, the smaller the business the harder it is to develop a plan that successfully prevents injuries and illnesses. If you’re struggling to find the time, money, and resources for injury and illness prevention this workbook will help you.
Why all the urgency?
- Insurers accept approximately 30,000 disabling workers compensations claims every year.
- Employers record roughly 80,000 work place injuries and illnesses each year
- Workers loose more than 800,000 workdays due to occupational injuries and illnesses every year.
- In 1996, 14 percent of all employers had at least one accepted disabling claim
- Businesses with fewer than 20 employees account for about 18 percent of all injuries and illnesses
- Workers in their first year on a new job account for 42 percent of accepted disabling claims
- The average cost of a single disabling claim is more than $9,000.
- A minor first-aid call can cost $100 or more
This course attracts 2 Elective CPD points