Undertake an individual assessment
This unit explains the need for an assessment to attain coaching effectiveness and methods and strategies to identify/assess client’s personality, behaviour, needs, skills and their effect on client’s decisions and performance.
As the definition goes, “Coaching allows time for exploring and getting to know one another on a deeper level so that the supervisory relationship can become stronger”, it is an absolute mandate for a coach to know his/her client on a deeper level to be able to coach them to success. On that note this unit is designed to facilitate a coach or an aspiring coach to be aware of the need to assess a client and procedures and methods to perform assessments on the client.
At the end of this program a coach or an aspiring coach will be able to:
• Understand human behaviour to assess client’s personality style
• Facilitate to understand human performance
• Identify communication behaviour that will enhance assessment experience for both the coach and the client
• Provide guidance on how to report final assessments on a client’s behaviour and performance
• Develop an assessment profile that contains details on a client’s main personality variables, decision making approach, skills and capabilities, needs and drives
• Identify knowledge and skills gap to device a coaching strategy that concentrates on the focus area of improvement.