Mentoring and coaching within the workplace
High-performance, contemporary organisations know that a company is only as good as its employees. They place strong emphasis on personal attributes in selecting and developing staff. However, this does not come without challenges, not least of which may be significant gaps in the experience, knowledge, attitudes, skills, aspirations, behaviours, or leadership required to perform demanding jobs.
Formal training courses may vaunt wholesale transfer of these but organisational members will not likely stretch to their full potential without dedicated guidance that inspires, energises, and facilitates. Good coaching and mentoring schemes are deemed a highly effective way to help people, through talking, increase self-direction, self-esteem, efficacy, and accomplishments.
This unit covers the provision of mentoring and coaching within the workplace by managers or supervisors to assist in maximising the opportunity for the individual to achieve individual and organisational goals and ensure career progression within the financial services industry.
The objectives for this module are:
• Define the term learning need
• Explain when a learning needs analysis should be undertaken
• Explain how to plan and conduct a learning needs analysis
• Describe the purpose of coaching and its benefits
• Describe the purpose of mentoring and its benefits
• List and explain the differences between coaching and mentoring
• Identify opportunities for the use of coaching or mentoring
• List and explain the qualities of a good coach
• Detail how to develop a coaching plan
• Explain the purpose of personal development plans
• List and explain the requirements for developing a mentoring plan
• Describe the role of a mentor
• List and explain the qualities of a good mentor
• Explain the purpose of a coach’s/mentor’s performance plan
• List and explain the different ways for measuring the performance of a coaching or mentoring programme
• Explain how personal development plans may be used to measure the effectiveness of a coaching or mentoring programme.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS:
For the online delivery option, you will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection.
Your enrolment is valid for a period of twelve months.
1 online multi-choice assessment
CPD Hours - 3