Tier 2 ASIC Accreditation - Client Relationships & General Insurance Advice
By successfully completing this course you will meet the ASIC’s requirements for you to promote and sell Tier 2 financial products & Tier 2 general insurance products.
This course is ideally suited for those desiring to increase their understanding of the Financial Services Industry and to develop skills and knowledge appropriate for employment outcomes within the Financial services Industry.
4 x Units of Competency
2 x Modules
2 x Multiple Choice Assessments
1 x Written Assessment consisting of activities & case study
FNSASIC301C Establish client relationships and analyse needs
FNSASIC302C Develop, present and negotiate client solutions
These units are required for Tier 2 ASIC accreditation and external recognition in line with the Financial Services Reform (FSR) compliance. These units describe the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to satisfy the training requirements for authorisation by an Australian ASIC registered License (AFSL) holder to provide advice on deposit products, non-cash payment facilities and general insurance products at Tier 2 level.
FNSASIC304A Provide tier 2 general advice in general insurance
FNSASIC305A Provide tier 2 personal advice in general insurance
These units meet Tier 2 Australian Investments Commission (ASIC) accreditation requirements for providing limited financial products advice. Conditions relating to this should be obtained from ASIC. These units are applicable to individuals working within enterprises and job roles subject to licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements including that administered by ASIC. These units cover the functions undertaken by non-broker insurance advisers providing general advice in Tier 2 (standard retail general insurance) products to a consumer or current client.
Conditions relating to ASIC training requirements and accreditation should be obtained from ASIC.
Tier 2 products are defined by ASIC as:
• General insurance products other than personal sickness and accident.
- do not have any investment component
- are subject to standard terms and conditions except for previously disclosed variations
- are of a limited life (e.g. 12 months);
• Travel insurance products including where the product covers losses rising due to sickness or accident while travelling; and
• Consumer credit insurance including where the product covers consumer credit liabilities that cannot be paid due to sickness or accident.
• General advice is defined by ASIC in its regulatory guides relating to the conduct and training of financial service product advisers.
• This unit requires the application of skills and knowledge to identify where the consumer is seeking general rather than personal product advice and to follow the appropriate steps to provide this level of advice.
• There is a substantial core, and specialist general insurance product knowledge component that must be developed by the adviser as part of the requirements to meet ASIC training standards for Tier 2 general advice.
Units of Competency
• FNSASIC301C Establish client relationship and analyse needs
• FNSASIC302C Develop, present and negotiate client solutions
• FNSASIC304A Provide Tier 2 general advice in general insurance
• FNSASIC305A Provide Tier 2 personal advice in general insurance
When competency of the above units has been achieved you will receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the units of competency which forms a partial completion of Certificate III in Financial Services FNS30111.
Latest Reviews for Tier 2 ASIC Accreditation - Client Relationships & General Insurance Advice
Oluwafisayo South Australia